- This event has passed.
September 14 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm80£ - 110£
This half-day training course is hosted by the MMTA and presented by Penningtons Manches LLP.
As the minor metals industry regains momentum, the advantages of choosing arbitration as a form of dispute resolution will be outlined. Offering ease of enforcement, greater finality, flexibility, confidentiality and the ability to choose an arbitrator, arbitration has many advantages over litigation.
Having consulted widely, the MMTA has recently introduced its new short-form arbitration rules, offering a simpler and less costly option for lower value disputes.
Introduction to dispute resolution
- exploration of the various ways of resolving a dispute – litigation, arbitration, mediation, negotiation etc
- advantages and disadvantages of using each method
What is arbitration?
- an in depth discussion of what arbitration is, why you would choose arbitration to resolve a dispute, and how the arbitration process works in practice
- the effect of Brexit on arbitration and litigation
MMTA short form arbitration rules
- a review of the new MMTA short form arbitration rules which are suitable for use in less complex and lower value (under USD $250,000) disputes
- how the short form rules differ from the main rules, and when each set of rules should be used
Members – £80 (+vat where applicable)
Non-members – £110 (+vat where applicable)
Tickets available below. Refreshments will be provided.