Deadline: December 9, 2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Cobalt Purchase Manager you will, within the framework of the Supply and Refining policy and the budgets defined by Cobalt&Specialty Materials (CSM) & Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM) Management Team, implement the supply, the purchase and the complete follow up of the Co intermediates (CHIP), metal & salts! As responsible manager for the global Cobalt hedge book for CSM & RBM , you will give support to both Business Unit’s sustainable growth objectives.
Your Detailed Responsibilities:
- You manage the negotiated contracts and supplier relations together with all internal customers. You assure the daily follow up of the Co stocks & supply chain planning together with the rest of the purchase team.
- You lead the Co hedging of CSM & RBM. This means acting as central point of contact & responsible within the purchase department for the Co hedging towards the sales team and finance department. You act as main point of contact for Co position discussions and assessment of feasibility of large spot deals from a hedging perspective
- In close collaboration with the Business Head Co & Precursors you settle the purchasing policy for Co raw materials (metal, salts and CHIP). Your input will be used in the elaboration of the annual budget.
- You actively handle slow moving Co stocks globally by identifying them and finding outlets. This includes the management of production scraps of the various sites.
- You build up your technical knowledge of the Co flow sheets in order to become a partner of your internal clients
- You act as Umicore’s spokesperson to Fastmarkets Metal Bulletin
- You collect and explore relevant supplier data in order to map the Co supplier landscape
Who we are looking for
- You have acquired a master degree, preferably with a commercial focus
- You have at least a minimum experience of 5 years in a multinational environment
- Proven experience in a purchasing / commercial function is an asset
- You have a strong commercial feeling, you like to take initiative and you have good analytical skills
- You are able to translate business requirements into appropriate business work flows. A good understanding of account related work flows is a plus
- You are prepared to travel on a frequent base
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch & English, French is a plus
- You are a great teammate!
- You are stress resistant and capable of dealing with the sometimes conflicting interests
- You are a self-starting and ownership-taking person with a convincing and result driven approach and a creative and accurate mind
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
Company Name: Umicore
Company Address: Watertorenstraat 33, 2250 Olen, Belgium