Deadline: January 30, 2023
Argus is one of the world's leading providers of analysis and price information to commodities and energy markets. We are headquartered in London and have 26 offices in the world's principal commodity trading and production centres.
Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
Argus is looking for outstanding individuals to join our market analyst team in Beijing to cover reporting on the fast-growing energy and commodities space in China.
The successful candidates will join our global network of over 500 dedicated market analysts to connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert market analysis and information not available elsewhere. We pride ourselves on analysing how and why news matter to our high-level audience that comprises Fortune 500 companies, national oil and energy companies, multi-nationals, the finance institutions, trading companies, and governments.
In this role, you will be working within a fast-paced team and help to cover the Non-Ferrous Metals markets that includes rare earth metals, nickel, and chrome. You will be writing engaging market intelligence and analysing spot prices that are timely, accurate, objective, and meaningful for our clients. This includes maintaining a strong network of contacts within the industries to source original, relevant and exclusive content. You will be markets innately curious and personable and be able to quickly become a subject matter expert and lead coverage within the designated product portfolio. You will enjoy collaborative work with colleagues from a range of backgrounds, many located in Argus' other offices around the globe.
- Booming industry, growing company
- Be part of a dynamic, growing business where your input is encouraged
- Opportunities to travel and attend industry events, as well as to present at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of energy and commodities markets including crude, petroleum products, natural gas, LPG and other gas liquids, biofuels, petrochemicals, coal and biomass, fertilizer, metals.
- Good career path within Argus market analysis practice and develop areas of specialization.
What we're looking for in you
- A Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, economics, business, history, or relevant field.
- An investigative mind and good-writing skills
- Ability to develop, source and write industry relevant news to deadline
- The role requires an analytical mind, a high attention to detail and a proactive approach to relationship development and source building.
- Experience of energy and commodity sectors would be highly advantageous.
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite with experience in Excel.
- Aspirations to break news and deliver actionable intelligence on commodities
- Believe in the following Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Hybrid working model
- Career development and progression opportunities.
- 15 days annual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
- Group healthcare scheme
- Cover conferences and events (5-10% of domestic/overseas travel is expected).
- Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We are shortlisting applications as they come in, so don't delay. Apply today!